Mike Mansell has been developing software and helping companies for over 30 years.
- Help start a company that grew to over 100 employees and was sold to IBM
- Worked on software ranging from big data systems processing 100k+ records per second, to award-winning electronic forms software, to financial software (ledgers, invoicing, etc.), to elementary school education software, to games.
- Helped define open standards within the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
- Consulted with dozens of companies, helping them achieve their business goals by applying technical and business solutions.
- Big data Transaction Processing
- Mike designed and largely implemented a system that was used for detailed Sales Forecasting.
- The system was capable of processing over 100,000 records per second (and regularly did) containing information about upcoming sales. This data was then sorted into heavily faceted reports.
- The system used a combination of custom code, Apache Kafka, Apache Zookeeper, IBM DB2, Apache Derby and SugarCRM.
- Sales CRM
- Mike was the architect of IBM’s Sales CRM solution.
- The system was used to provide all CRM functionality for IBM’s 60,000+ sales and support representatives, including deal tracking, quotes, forecasting, pricing, and ticketing.
- The core system used a combination of custom code, SugarCRM and IBM DB2, with many additional integrations using things such as IBM MQ Series.
- Electronic Forms
- Mike was one of the primary architects (and developers) on the IBM Forms solution (formerly known as PureEdge Solutions and UWI.COM).
- This system provided customizable, standards-based, electronic forms to hundreds of customers including many in the Fortune 500. These forms were performant, secure, professional-looking and easy-to-use.
- The system was primarily custom code using the Java and C languages.
- Mike developed an educational course for Grade 5 students.
- This system was used to prove the Masters Thesis of a teacher around types of educational learning in the classroom.
- The system was primarily custom code using the BASIC language.
- Mike developed a full bookkeeping solution used by several companies.
- This system provided double-entry accounting, payroll, invoices and CRM functionality.
- The system was written using the 4th Dimension language.
- Mike has developed many add-ons to existing games, such as Minecraft and Factorio.
- This is done in the appropriate languages, such as Java and Lua.
- Mike has worked with the W3C on a number of standards:
- Mike has worked with other standards organizations (such as Oasis) to help further standards.
- Mike has worked with many companies, both individually and as part of a larger organization.
- Some example companies are Sears, US Air Force, Security Exchange Commission (SEC), Strategic Accounts Management Association (SAMA) and the Canadian RCMP.
- In all cases, Mike worked to help bring a positive business improvement, whether by helping to make business process changes or by implementing the necessary technical solutions.